Labels

Thursday, June 16, 2011

6-17-11 2 shoting range tripe



         Today after volunteer we went to the shooting range. This time it was only my dad, mom, and me. But before we could go we had to get more ammo. Our SKS assault rifle shots that same round as a AK 47. The Russian bullets are really cheap. For a pack of 20 hard point it is about 7 dollars but for the regular 30 caliber Remington bullets, a pack of 20 rounds is almost 40 dollars. So we got 100 hard point SKS rounds and 40 full metal jackets which are about 19 dollars for a pack of 20. When we went to to the shooting range. We shot 80 rounds. we shot at 50yards and at 100yards. I did pretty good at the 50yard but at the hundred yard I missed the target a lot.
        In Alaska every one has a gun and the shooting ranges are usually pretty crowded. Plus every one knows a lot about guns and ammunition. When we went to Sportsman's The kid behinds the coater knew what round we should use to shot a bear and what gun and scoop we should get to be able to take down the black bear.
Zander

1 comment:

  1. Who are those handsome riflemen and women?? Pretty awesome. In fact, although Grandfather taught us to shoot when I was young, I've never been much of a fan of firearms. Too many people seem to misuse them in one way or antoher. But I suspect when you're in an environment like Alaska, that all looks different. People do know how to use them and they have legitimate reasons--not simply freeway rage. I'm coming around and am trying to persuade Gramps to learn. love, love b

    ReplyDelete