Labels

Friday, January 13, 2012

The Biggest Temple I've Ever Seen in My Life BY SARAH

view of 2nd and 3rd galleries from Library.
        We went to a huge temple called Ankor Wat and it was awesome.  It was huge The temple had three levels, a huge moat, and a huge wall with a walkway up to it and inside of it. 

2nd walkway
     When I first walked up to the walkway, I thought we had a long way to walk!  On the walkway over the moat, I notice a huge crack in it because they fixed one side and not the other. The moat was about 50m long the short way and longer than Jewel Lake in Anchorage, AK, and it surrounded the huge temple complex in the middle of it. 

     There is a wall that surrounds it and its only weakness were the windows and gates in it.  The walls were really thick.  It has lasted the Khmer Rouge lots of invasions from Thailand.  I saw lots of bullet holes, but none of them went thru the rock walls.

     At the first gallery, they had a statue of a standing Budha that was about 3 times my height in the main entrance.  There were 5 entrance towers.  My mom said it is 200 meters wide. That is huge!
 
Ankor Wat
     There was a long wide walkway to the second gallery.  It had 4 pools for 3 animals that could go into each pool depending on what year you were born.  This level was huge too!  Kayley and I couldn't go to the third level because were are under 12. That was a bummer because I really wanted to go up there. I understand that because its a realey far drop and the stairs are really steep. Zander said there are gold Buddha statues on the third level too.  



Ankor Wat is one of the wonders of the World and it is the biggest religious structure in the world.  It is the biggest temple I will ever see in my entire life.


2 comments:

  1. Sarah, Did they tell you how the temple was built? What's special about the arches? Good job on the writing! You included lots of details about your visit to Angkor Wat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great that you guys are seeing the wats and all their splender. Don't forget to take a break so you don't get wat'd out... If you are not already.

    ReplyDelete