Labels

Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Nasty Sickness We All Got by Mia

One of our bungalows.
About a week ago we went to a little island called Koh Rong and stayed in a some little hay bungalows eating sketchy food and swimming in the ocean (which was pretty contaminated too). The day after we got there I got really sick and felt really nasty for most of the day. I was dizzy, tired, and I felt like I was gonna hurl. There was also... erm... diarrhea... involved that was not pretty at all.
 We thought it was food poisoning, so everyone stayed away from fresh things (first time I have ever heard momma tell us not to eat any vegetables). Everyone else caught it anyway and it went on for like a week. Even after we left the Island that afternoon. It was really weird and we all decided that it wasn't food poisoning because Ming Deap had never gotten sick here and she has been to Cambodia a lot. I looked in the health sections of some travel books and decided that we had a mixture to typhoid, cholera, and food poisoning, but momma said that was not possible because we all got vaccinated. It's what the symptoms said though (diarrhea, fevers, tiredness, headaches, etc).
Beach on the island.
The other weird thing was that I would get better in the afternoon sometimes and feel absolutely great until bedtime and it would go back to nasty. There was a whole afternoon when I ate and went floating in a river for a few hours and I was fine. That night I had a fever again and it was all back to no food or anything. That happened a few times and it really confused me! The stupid disease just didn't leave!
Pretty flowers.
After about a week we all got better at more or less the same time and now we are all better except for daddy who is really close. After that, I am really extra careful about what I eat because it is so not worth it to get sick again! We still don't know for sure what we got sick from, it could have been food, or it could have been a bug. Both are likely, but I'm being really careful with germs and with food just in case. That was too bad of a sickness to get again.
I'm a little scared for India because it is going to be worse there with the bad food and the germs. I really hope we don't get sick again because that would totally ruin everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment