Labels

Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Bus Ride to Siem Reap by Sarah

me in the  bus
                We took the bus to Siem Reap from Battambong and I was glad to get off because it took forever!   The good things about the bus were the TV, Air Conditioning, and more space than JetStar.   The bad things about the bus were that it was old and dirty, it was an hour and a half late to depart, they made lots of stops, and they really packed in the people. 

Ma waiting
              I woke up early at 6 o’clock in the morning and Ma was up too.    I played Solitaire, took a shower and momma came over to make sure we were all packed.  Then we went out for Kateew(Pho, soup) for breakfast with everyone but Daddy.  Then we went to the bus station to catch the 9AM bus. 

                When we got to the bus, we had to wait for a while for it to come and people to board. We finally got on and said goodbye to Ma, who was waiting with us.  We finally left the station at 10:30AM and drove through Battambong.  We had lots of stops on the way to pick people up, go to the bathroom, and drop people off.   It took a long time.
                The good thing on the bus, they had a Cambodian movie on at the front. Kayley let me use her iPod for some of the trip. I liked that there was more space than JetStar and movie, but not the AC because it was a cold day.  I liked watching the Cambodian movie even though I couldn't understand it. 
                But the bad things about the bus were the bus was old and slow.  The seats and stuff were really old and worn.  We made many stops to pick up and drop off people.  We also stopped for a really long time on the way in a little town with shops for a bathroom break.  I did not get off the bus for the whole time because I didn't feel like it and I was doing my math. 


kayley and I in the bus
                The bus ride from Battambong to Siem Reap was really long and kind of boring sometimes.  I was glad when we finally got to Siem Reap.

No comments:

Post a Comment