Labels

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Monkeys BY SARAH

Grey Monkey at Amber Palace.
           A couple of days ago, I had a accident with the monkeys. Before that I thought monkeys are nice but now I think that some are mean.

Different kind of grey monkey with a baby. In Bali.
          When we were walking up a hill to get to a Temple in the snow I was wearing  my sun glasses. Daddy was to, but I am smaller so a monkey jumped on my head and stole them! The monkey ran off , but a person saved them and we paid 30 RP(60 US cents) to get them back. When it happened I was looking at my feet because I did not want to fall down the hill. The monkey that jumped on me was a small one. There are 2 types of monkeys here, there are big white ones with black faces and really long tails (not the ones that jumped on my head). There are small brown ones with short tails too. That was the kind that jumped on me.

Grey monkeys in Shimla
        Now I don't like monkeys as much but some of them are still cute, like the babies. I think a normal sized smaller monkey jumped on my head but I saw a lot of cute little baby ones too. The baby monkeys look skinnier, smaller, darker, and a little worse at climbing. I like monkeys, just not when they steal things from me!

2 comments:

  1. Sarah-what a great story. Losing your sunglasses to a monkey is an ADVENTURE--not just an event. Glad you got them back. I also liked learning about the different kinds of monkeys you are encountering. Pretty neat.

    Hoep you are finding it all fun! Much, much love, bippy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah--these pictures of monkeys are Georgia's favorites! love, bippy

    ReplyDelete